[governance] Re: DNSsec and allternative DNS system

Stephane Bortzmeyer bortzmeyer at internatif.org
Sat Nov 17 09:15:34 EST 2007

On Fri, Nov 16, 2007 at 09:32:59AM -0500,
 Thomas Narten <narten at us.ibm.com> wrote
 a message of 63 lines which said:

> And, w.r.t. your point about needing to run "fsck" on the disc data,
> you are making the assumption that the zone file is stored in a
> typical Unix file system, an assumption that is probably false.

And most Unix systems in production today use a journalized file
system, with no need for fsck ever. I was very surprised by Karl's
message, too, because it displayed an unusual lack of knowledge of the
technical issues involved.

     governance at lists.cpsr.org