Alternative DNS systems and net neutrality - Was: Re: [governance] DNSsec and allternative DNS system

Alejandro Pisanty apisan at servidor.unam.mx
Thu Nov 15 18:03:07 EST 2007

Karl,

adjectives and perorations aside, do you have a view on the coordination
of alternative roots that does not either devolve to the ICANN model or
create a new, additional, yet-to-be-designed entity to manage the
coordination?

A large number of people in the technology, policy, and interface fields
have not taken a dogmatic view about alt-roots, just answered that
question in a logical, thorough way, carrying the reasoning thoroughly,
and repeatedly found that, as a previous posting said, the single-root
system in use is the "best worst", and some even find it good.

Can you provide the argumentation for the opposite case you advocate, and
thus an answer to the question?

Please note that in advance exchange for your sparing me the "poisoning"
etc. rhetoric I am not quoting any of the adjectives expressed today in
arguments contrary to yours.

Alejandro Pisanty

.  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  . .  .  .  .  .  .
      Dr. Alejandro Pisanty
Director General de Servicios de Computo Academico
UNAM, Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Mexico
Av. Universidad 3000, 04510 Mexico DF Mexico
Tel. (+52-55) 5622-8541, 5622-8542 Fax 5622-8540
http://www.dgsca.unam.mx
*
---->> Unete a ISOC Mexico, www.isoc.org
  Participa en ICANN, www.icann.org