[governance] IGF 2010

yehudakatz at mailinator.com yehudakatz at mailinator.com
Thu Nov 15 12:58:06 EST 2007

Bill,

If you have the opportunity, please convey these thought to the IGF Secretariat
(Nitin & Markus):

The World Expo 2010 will be held in Shanghai May 1st - October 31st 2010.
In order to reduce the "IGF carbon-footprint" I suggest that the IGF-2010 be
held in Shanghai, in conjunction with the World Expo.
I further suggest that ICANN also plan their annual event to coincide with the
Expo as well.

(say for example: The week of August 1st- August 7th 2010 |Icann Annual meeting
Aug. 1-3 | IGF2010 Aug. 4-7 / within the Expo2010 event)

This would take three events which would normally be held in separate venues,
and reduce them to one , thus reducing the footprint.

Further the Expo (Worlds Fair) has always been a Technological event, and it
seen natural to me that the two (possibly all three) are synergistic.

Diplomatically this would also "put the ball in China's court", wherein the
opportunities to access and develop (strengthen IGF agendas) within China would
be favorable, as they are the Host.

Please pass it on at the appropriate moment.

If things develop, please let us know here on the CPSR Groups maillist.

Regards,
Yehuda

--

Ref.:

World Expo 2010 Shanghai (Worlds Fair 2010)
May 1st - October 31st

http://en.expo2010china.com/

-

The Bureau of Shanghai World Expo Coordination
add: No. 3588, Pudong Rd. (S) Shanghai, China
postal code: 200125

tel: 8621-22062010
fax: 8621-22060670

Email: Land at expo2010.gov.cn