Alternative DNS systems and net neutrality - Was: Re: [governance] DNSsec and allternative DNS system

Suresh Ramasubramanian suresh at hserus.net
Thu Nov 15 06:28:14 EST 2007

Meryem Marzouki wrote:

> Then please tell me where it's happening at global level, with all
> interested parties involved and with prior agreement on the principle
> that such global public policy is desirable. For sure, it's not at
> IGF. And it's not even on this list. Unless I missed something.

I wish you luck

* Finding organizations that can offer viable and well managed alternate
roots / TLDs
* And that can actually achieve consensus on the mechanisms these are
published with
	* So that you don't wind up getting the same TLD on different roots
	* So that a consistent mechanism is followed (keywords? No. browser
plugins? No)
	* So that the different players can cooperate and interoperate
		* to the extent the current root operators do.

Tough? Yes.  Stick to the existing root server model? Definitely, yes.

	srs

     governance at lists.cpsr.org