[governance] European Parliament meeting the Civil Society - 13 November, 13:00-15:00

Vittorio Bertola vb at bertola.eu
Wed Nov 14 10:08:07 EST 2007

Ian Peter ha scritto:
> Overall a disappointing involvement of CS and I wonder why this is so.
> Is European parliament irrelevant or are we just disorganized?

I think we're just too busy, I strongly wanted to attend but I was
caught in the aftermath of our workshop.
In general, perhaps there are too many things going on at the same time?
  For example, the schedule does not take into account the fact that
people have to meet before workshops to prepare them, prepare reports
after them, etc... and then also move back and forth from hotels that
are 30-45 mins away, which doesn't encourage to be here from 8:30 to
19:30. Since the IGF started, I barely managed to pop into a few
workshops for 15 minutes each, nothing more.
I'm possibly busier than usual and maybe there's nothing that can be
done about this, but each of us should take note of possible suggestions
for next year: I'm starting to note (or get reports of) several open
slots and poorly organized / poorly attended workshops, and perhaps
there could be less of them, but with a higher attendance and significance.
--
vb.                   Vittorio Bertola - vb [a] bertola.eu   <--------
-------->  finally with a new website at http://bertola.eu/  <--------
     governance at lists.cpsr.org