[governance] Re: spam policy (was: "Net Neutrality ...)

Stephane Bortzmeyer bortzmeyer at internatif.org
Sat Nov 10 19:33:17 EST 2007

On Thu, Nov 08, 2007 at 03:13:17PM -0700,
 Dan Krimm <dan at musicunbound.com> wrote
 a message of 50 lines which said:

> There is an argument (devil's advocate) that suggests that if it
> were easy to find out how the filter algorithm works it could more
> easily be bypassed in the constantly-escalating spam wars, thus
> negating the value of the filter tool.

I've rarely heard this argument when there is a technical audience
(because everyone would bursts with laughter). But, yes, I've heard it
sometimes.

Do we suggest that the police or other law enforcement bodies work
behind closed doors because the bad guys could use the knowledge of
their process for the wrong use?

     governance at lists.cpsr.org