[governance] Re: IGP Alert: "Net Neutrality as Global Principle for Internet Governance"

Stephane Bortzmeyer bortzmeyer at internatif.org
Sat Nov 10 19:14:47 EST 2007

On Thu, Nov 08, 2007 at 02:51:23PM -0800,
 Karl Auerbach <karl at cavebear.com> wrote
 a message of 28 lines which said:

> Another potential principle of internet governance:  Every user has the
> right to know whether their traffic is being filtered and, if so, what
> those filters are.

YES! That's the important point (and it applies to other things than
spam filtering).

Note the IETF produced a document about that, RFC 4084, which is
widely ignored. I have never seen an hotel advertising its crippled
Internet connectivity with RFC 4084, for instance, or even
acknowledging that it was a limited Internet connectivity.
     governance at lists.cpsr.org