[governance] IGP Alert: "Net Neutrality as Global Principle for Internet Governance"

Thomas Narten narten at us.ibm.com
Fri Nov 9 09:08:02 EST 2007

> I would only add to this that spam filters are best implemented with end
> users being given maximum control over their settings.

Nice principle, but when ISPs regularly complain > 80% of the email
they carry is spam, it costs an ISP $$ to process it and deliver it to
the "edges", only to be filtered there.

Surely one can understand why they find it highly desirable to keep it
from entering their network in the first place.

Thomas
     governance at lists.cpsr.org