AW: AW: [governance] outcomes of CSTD Bureau meeting

Kleinwächter, Wolfgang wolfgang.kleinwaechter at medienkomm.uni-halle.de
Fri May 25 00:19:44 EDT 2007

Ralph

this is splitting hairs :-(((

________________________________

Von: Ralf Bendrath [mailto:bendrath at zedat.fu-berlin.de]
Gesendet: Fr 25.05.2007 03:45
An: governance at lists.cpsr.org
Betreff: Re: AW: [governance] outcomes of CSTD Bureau meeting

Jeanette Hofmann wrote:
> The longer New York waits with any announcement regarding the future of
> the advisory group, the more contested its informal status will
> become.
The MAG does not exist anymore, and it seems to tranform into an informal
consultation process with no webcast nor scribes - at least that is the
status quo at the moment.

 From what you write, Jeanette, would you also subscribe to this?
"The longer New York waits with any announcement regarding the future of
the IGF organizing structure, the more contested Nitin's (and the SG's)
status will become."

Explanatory note: I talked to some government people this afternoon while
sneaking out of the IGF informal consultations and having a coffee. They
were a bit surprised - to say the least - that this informal meeting was
not announced as open. This will hit Nitin, not the MAG. He said yesterday
at the request of Russia:
CHAIRMAN DESAI: I think the only reference so far to meetings was that a
further consultation like this in September. I know there's nothing else
on my agenda between now and then.  So I'm not aware of anything else
between that and the September meeting.

Best, Ralf
     governance at lists.cpsr.org

     governance at lists.cpsr.org