[governance] bureau yes bureau no???

Milton Mueller Mueller at syr.edu
Thu May 24 11:13:11 EDT 2007

>>> ca at rits.org.br 5/24/2007 9:17 AM >>>
>A big change might be, finally, the introduction of "management
>of critical resources" as one of the main topics

I think that would be both an important change and a huge victory. A
victory for reality over illusion and obfuscation, as well as for civil
society interventions.

I am not on the ground there and thus not privy to the atmospherics
surrounding the discussion, so would gladly receive correction and
criticism on this point. But to me, an IGF that does not directly and
openly acknowledge the existence of Internet resource administration as
one of its key issues is a farce. Of course, it is not the only issue or
even necessarily the dominant one. But we cannot go on with the "head in
the sand" attitude promoted by some.

     governance at lists.cpsr.org