[governance] bureau

Adam Peake ajp at glocom.ac.jp
Wed May 23 05:40:20 EDT 2007

>Adam Peake wrote:
>>That it had been discussed, agreed, supported at the first
>>consultation, was why Nitin and many others were surprised when you
>>brought up the issue again in Feb 2007.
>
>With respect Adam, I'm not sure that that's fair.  The consultations
>have not been dialogues, they have in general been a succession of
>monologues, in which participants read out (for the most part)
>pre-prepared statements, without the opportunity for open
>discussion, and in response to which the Secretariat and Advisory
>Group

there was no advisory group at that time.  Chicken egg etc.  So don't
blame MAG for something it could not have been involved with.

A consultation was held on modalities.  People contributed and there
was discussion.  Someone had to decided what the consensus of that
meeting was so things could move forward.  Or we would still be
discussion modalities now and there would not have been a meeting in
Athens...  This isn't a Ph.D. that might get finished one day.  It's
arranging an very large semi-governmental, international conference.
Would be nice if you could pop into the real world occasionally.

Adam

     governance at lists.cpsr.org