[governance] igc at igf consultations

Vittorio Bertola vb at bertola.eu
Mon May 21 09:52:40 EDT 2007

DRAKE William ha scritto:
> Avri,
>
> Thanks for jogging our memories.  Well then, Parminder, any chance you
> could draft just a few lines addressing Adam's key concerns for approval
> at a meeting Wednesday morning?  We could read it out and submit actual
> text post hoc.  I think a key point, in light of Adam's prior message,
> would be reaffirm the practice established for Athens of the mAG
> approving all workshop proposals (or at least the 'open' ones, which any
> non-selected 'linked' ones could become).  Bottom line, since the main
> sessions inevitably will not accomodate all preferences, there must be
> free speech and an open 'market of ideas' elsewhere or the IGF will have
> been not only downsized, but distorted.

If the caucus can't manage to approve something new on Wednesday, also
reprinting our statement from February (which, I'm quite sure, was not
circulated in writing) could help. It already had a number of points on
workshops etc, though it did not address explicitly the "bureau" idea
since it had not come up yet.
--
vb.                   Vittorio Bertola - vb [a] bertola.eu   <--------
-------->  finally with a new website at http://bertola.eu/  <--------