[governance] igc at igf consultations

William Drake drake at hei.unige.ch
Mon May 21 04:30:05 EDT 2007

Hi,

Meetings: A number of caucus people are arriving at various points
tonight/tomorrow, and there are other gatherings to head to, so 6-7pm
meetings may not get all hands on deck.  Instead/in addition, why don¹t we
just meet before the consultation Wednesday morning in the lounge area
outside Rm. B and also have a lunch between sessions, per usual?

Modalities statement: It does seem that the ball got dropped on what Adam
was asking for.  I don¹t see how in the time that remains we could devise a
statement and clear it through the list as an official consensus position.
But the caucus members in attendance could speak to the issue either in
their individual interventions, or collectively as Œthose members in
attendance here.¹  In either event, it would make sense to coordinate on
site and see if we can converge with respect to the main points Adam raises.

Copies of the main sessions statement: In the spirit of multistakeholderism
etc, the ITU secretariat (well, Tim) has kindly agreed to run 100 copies.  I
will pick them up Wednesday morning en route to the meeting room.

Best,

Bill

William J. Drake  drake at hei.unige.ch
Director, Project on the Information
  Revolution and Global Governance/PSIO
  Graduate Institute for International Studies
  Geneva, Switzerland
http://hei.unige.ch/psio/researchprojects/Drake.html