[governance] igc at igf consultations

Adam Peake ajp at glocom.ac.jp
Mon May 21 02:35:22 EDT 2007

I had hoped (actually thought you had agreed to
write something) the caucus would comment on
modalities etc suggested in the draft program:
If we have comments on "Basic Meeting Structure"
(section 2 of the draft program, particularly
suggestions about workshops, their number,
whether linked to main themes and importance of
keep a number [how many?] of open topic workshop
slots, etc), "3 Meeting Types",  best practise
sessions etc. What do we think of the "Topical
Issue" session.

Photocopying: ask the secretariat, they are often
able to help. And it's a good idea to check if
documents can be distributed (I see absolutely no
reason why not, but who knows what odd rule might
have come back to haunt us.)

If not the secretariat then CONGO are sure to know how to get copies made.

Discussion: kill the bureau idea please.  Very
valid comments about process, but any arrangement
and label "bureau" will kill us.  Read
transcripts of the stocktaking session February
2007, and also the first meeting on IGF  February
2006.

See you in a couple of days.

Adam

     governance at lists.cpsr.org