[governance] igc at igf consultations

Parminder parminder at itforchange.net
Mon May 21 02:05:16 EDT 2007

Hi Everyone

I am in Geneva and will attend the IGF consultations.. Please let me who all
would be there to develop and take forward our strategy for the
consultations. Others are encouraged to keep providing us inputs online..

CONGO has a room for CS plenary every evening 6 - 7 PM in Room XXVII (Palais
des Nations). We can meet today and discuss IGF things a bit, and devote
tomorrow's CS plenary (22nd) mostly for IGF related discussions. We can try
to stay back for half an hour after the plenary tomorrow (assuming that the
UN staff lets us do that) for more focussed discussions.

Other ideas for how to take this forward are welcome.

I think it will be good if we can have photocopies of the IGC input to the
IGF.. Many participants do not read stuff online, and putting a hard copy in
their hands is a good way of getting through. ( I will try to get such
copies made. anyone more resourced in Geneva/UN circumstance is requested to
help.)

Meanwhile I am enclosing an input IT for Change made for the consultations
(it was written hurriedly on the night of the 17th to make it to the
synthesis paper).

Parminder

Parminder Jeet Singh

IT for Change, Bangalore