[governance] Diligent Performance

yehudakatz at mailinator.com yehudakatz at mailinator.com
Tue May 15 10:26:39 EDT 2007

David

>Frankly, having worked for an NGO doing fundraising,
>we should be pleased the funding was won as I can
>only imagine the topic isn't easy to convince Funders
>to give funds for.

Ditto

--
My point is that the WSIS process raised roughly 3.5 million USD in a
transparent manor of donations, however distribution of the sum was not so

Transparency and the Double Standard: (Milton aside / non-personal)
When capital is raised for altruistic-ventures, in particularly with ‘Publicly
Announced – Private Funds’, 99.999999% of the time there are “Objectives”
written into the Grant application.

WSIS had and made ‘transparent’ (available) these “Objectives” during the
Geneva & Tunis phases. ‘The Fronting’ of these altruistic-objectives reinforced
the legitimacy of the Internet Governance platform, too which Funders
responded.

WSIS was several years ago, Did the children of Botswana get their 100$
laptops?, did schools in Haiti, Ecuador, Paraguay get that internet
connection?, and did the people of Bangladesh, Laos, Sri Lanka get that digital
Library?
[Balls in your Court – that was 3.5 Million Dollars Ago]

Inroads – Benchmark check, How well is the “process-of-altruistic-capital”
working?

The Ford Foundation sets objectives for itself, thus Grants thereof share
these.
All I’m asking is: What are the Objectives?, How can we as literate humans help
meet these Objectives?,  and What areas need (lack) the most support?.
I’m not asking for money, I’m asking to help, ... I want results.
-

No-one on this list wishes to be; used, compromised, and subordinated. I
presume we all came here to help in one way or another. Having said that I must
go on to say that; I will not be used as a Guinea Pig for some academic
exploit, and I will not participate in the disenfranchisement of People &
Places desperately in need of help through the systematic squandering of
capital designated to help those in need.

The Idea that ICANN, ITU, and the IGF needs to ‘Fly’ around the World to meet
and discuss IT/IP issues is repugnant. It’s disgusting in the size of the
Carbon-Foot print alone, in which it creates.

You know … Through the years we have been ‘discussing’ IT/IP matters, we have
lost the Yangzi White River Dolphin, … Bees, Birds and Fish stocks have come
into huge ‘HUGE’ decline, and fresh water supplies in what used to be wetlands
habitat are gone. Dried up .. just like the money Pal.

That really really, bothers me … that humans can be so stupid, not just to
each-other, but to unto the world in which we live.

Some of you are supposed to be the ‘Intellectual-Cream-of-the-Crop’, your
pampered, your cared for now and after into retirement [some two & three dipps
a-piece ]. Yet it seems you still can’t deliver Humanity from Servitude and the
Destruction of which it creates.

You can start the ICANN San Juan / IGF Rio meeting with a mandate for ‘Green’
meetings in the future.

--

Note to Kieren: Carbon-Free ‘Green’ meetings from now on / Priority #1 -ICANN
San Juan, Puerto Rico.

     governance at lists.cpsr.org