[governance] RE: who does "public policy" then?

Parminder parminder at itforchange.net
Tue May 15 10:39:51 EDT 2007

> Vittorio Bertola <vb at bertola.eu> wrote:
>
> > Trying to build a "new beast" like ICANN is, in my opinion, the only
> > possible forward-looking solution that should be tried.
>
> I strongly agree.
>
> Greetings,
> Norbert.

I have no doubt ICANN will have an important role in any future IG
dispensation. However, it is important to develop appropriate public policy
principles and processes to interface with ICANN so that it can deal with
its technical-public policy dilemma better, and in a more legitimate manner.

Parminder

     governance at lists.cpsr.org