[governance] Milton Mueller and the $ 175,000

Veni Markovski veni at veni.com
Mon May 14 21:53:06 EDT 2007

Hi.
It's not a big deal. The big deal is about the following:

On April 22nd I wrote....

(<http://osp.syr.edu/highlights/FiscalYear2006/FebruaryHighlights.xls>http://osp.syr.edu/highlights/FiscalYear2006/FebruaryHighlights.xls),

 >where it says that Milton has received $ 87,500 from the Ford
Foundation for that
 >project, but nothing about the rest of the $ 170,000 rumoured to
have been awarded
 >to the project only by the Ford, and nothing about other donors?

... to which Milton said...

 >Whoa. There are no other donors. And there are no other funds. And here
 >you make it clear that you have descended to the level of unfounded
 >insinuations. You have even manufactured a false, completely invented
 >number ($170,000). This is something you made up, Veni. Please retract,
 >for the sake of your credibility

... to which I responded with an e-mail from Robert Guerra. In the
meantime I also got an e-mail with this link:
http://www.fordfound.org/grants_db/view_grant_detail.cfm?grant_id=33480
which says Milton got in fact $ 175,000, not $ 170,000. But since my
number is quite close to the real one, and I was blamed as a
manifacturer of a false, completely invented number ($ 170,000), I
felt I should come back to the list, and report where I got the
original number from - it was an e-mail from Robert Guerra. On the
Syracuse University web site the number is different - $ 87,500, so I
was just sayin, again in my email from April 22nd, that I'd like to
know who has what interests in this whole IG process.

That's it. I was just setting the facts - who said what, who provided
the information, and when. Needless to say, I don't expect an
appology from Milton - it's probably my misunderstanding of English
language, and he actually meant that the number I've made up is not
exactly the number he got from the Ford (compare $ 170,000 to $
175,000, there's a substential difference of about 3%, for which I
will punish myself with an epithalamia)

Veni

     governance at lists.cpsr.org