[governance] ICANN RFC on its performance

Kieren McCarthy kierenmccarthy at gmail.com
Mon May 14 17:52:32 EDT 2007

Sorry to pop up again, but I'm concerned the comment I made about responses
to this list not being included in the RFC has been misinterpreted as me
somehow criticising the list, or refusing to accept information, or
something - I'm not quite sure what - something negative anyway.

What I was trying to say was: please don't have a long and useful discussion
on this list and then be annoyed if the results of that discussion don't
appear in the ICANN discussion.

This is nothing to do with the list and everything to do with the fact that
I am trying to involve people from right across the Net community and it is
simply impossible for me to collate all the interesting snippets from
different sites and mailing lists across the world.

I recognise that the email-to-forum approach can seem a bit formal and hard
work, and that is why I have set up a blog post
(http://blog.icann.org/?p=125) and a page on the public participation
website (http://public.icann.org/issues/performance) to elicit the sort of
remarks that are happening on this list but which I already know I am going
to miss.

So if people do go to the trouble of thinking about the RFC and then write
something in response, can I please ask you go just one step further and
either email it to the RFC - the traditional route - or post a comment on
the blog, or just copy/paste it to the Public Participation site?

Cheers

Kieren (McCarthy)

     governance at lists.cpsr.org