[governance] ICANN RFC on its performance

Veni Markovski veni at veni.com
Mon May 14 09:07:09 EDT 2007

At 08:51 5/14/2007  -0400, Mr. Robert Guerra wrote:

>   Allow 8 to 12 weeks for responses ╜ and, just as importantly,
>allow enough time between the end of the consultation and the formal
>discussion of the results to distil the responses and summarise them
>in a way that is can easily comprehensible. Where a consultation
>takes place over a holiday, remember to allow extra response time (up
>to an additional four weeks).

btw, Robert, that would be a good point to talk
about the IGC, too. Because, if ICANN is to
accept the OECD rules for discussions, that
should be valid for the constituencies, as well, including this group.
Let's also not forget that the OECD members
include only some countries, and it's probably
not by accident. It's also good to point, that
within ICANN there's at least the GAC, that takes
decisions only when they meet, not by e-mail. And
I don't see any suggestions from the IGC for
audio-recording the GAC meetings. I wonder why?
Is it because, if the IGC tells the GAC what to
do, the GAC might tell the IGC where to go?

As for the timeline...
We work mainly online. We for sure could discuss
something within a month. The very fact how many
people spent time on this list to write down
things, which are irelevant for the RFC, but very
relevant to prove that I am not right, is a sign
that clearly people have time.

I don't understand why the same people, who spend
so much time in sending thoughts about life,
universe, and everything else, can not and would
not send their contribution to an RFC. After all,
they almost do that in this list.

veni

     governance at lists.cpsr.org