[governance] ICANN RFC on its performance

Kieren McCarthy kierenmccarthy at gmail.com
Sun May 13 08:09:18 EDT 2007

Norbert, I agree with you.

Like I said, I have read CIRA's response and will push the OECD guidelines
from this point on. They include what you are asking for.

At the moment however there is this RFC. It is serving a particular purpose
and any responses made to it that made totally different points will simply
not form part of the discussion. That is how consultations work.

Guru's response highlighted exactly the reason I felt the need to post a
fairly blunt message about the RFC to this particular list (it also
highlighted my point about personal abuse, among other things).

Karl Auerbach's post referred wholly to a paper written in 2003 (my post
said: "This RFC is not about... moaning about something that happened three
or more years ago.") He also received a considered response from Veni
Markovski which I whole-heartedly agree with.

I think Bill Drake's response was well considered and a useful point. And
Michael Gurstein helpfully drew attention to another useful response from
CIRA.

Any useful responses - even critical ones - any useful responses that fit
within the framework of the RFC as outlined are heartily welcomed and will
be considered in full.

Kieren