[governance] ICANN RFC on its performance

Norbert Bollow nb at bollow.ch
Sun May 13 07:42:07 EDT 2007

Kieren McCarthy <kierenmccarthy at gmail.com> wrote:

> However, if anyone does wish to provide useful feedback to ICANN's
> performance, the RFC is there. I hope I have flagged it up sufficiently and
> made it clear that there is a clear route from comment to consideration
> within ICANN.

That is not good enough.  There also needs to be accountability in the
consideration itself, not only in the route from comment to
consideration.

I wish to provide useful feedback to internet-related governance
processes of all kinds, and I'm capable of doing so in a competent
and constructive manner.

However, due to time constraints, I need to be selective in deciding
to whom I choose to make myself available in this manner.

My only feedback to you at this time is that I feel that your response
to Guru was totally inappropriate and that Karl's message deserves a
careful, substantive response, and that unless ICANN responds to that
in an appropriate manner, I have no reason to believe that working on
a response to ICANN's RFC would be a productive use of my time.

Yours sincerely
Norbert Bollow
President of the Swiss Internet User Group
     governance at lists.cpsr.org