[governance] IGC statement to IGF MAG - Yea

Parminder parminder at itforchange.net
Thu May 10 01:37:24 EDT 2007

Mawaki

Under the consensus call rule

" Some relatively substantive changes may also be accepted only if there is
a resounding support, and no opposition at all, to them. However, this will
be an exception, again completely up to the discretion of the
co-coordinators."

You may still keep this suggested change on the table..

Instead of :

> "(2) ICANN and Core Internet Resources"
> we could have
> "(2) Core Internet Resources and current governance institutions"

However, it will have to meet the strict conditions of the above rule. There
should be more support - and no opposition (with earlier opposition - Lee,
Afonso - withdrawn), and we will also check offline with those who have been
pressing the ICANN discussion case most, and then it is still left to the
discretion of co-coordinators... And also to see the exceptional nature of
such a change (no pouring in more requests pl :))

Parminder

PS: meanwhile, if a change is at all to take place, in my personal capacity,
I wonder if "Core Internet Resources and THEIR current governance
institutions" looks more specific to the institutions we want discussed than
"Core Internet Resources and current governance institutions"

Parminder Jeet Singh
IT for Change, Bangalore
Tel: (+91-80) 2665 4134, 2653 6890
Fax: (+91-80) 4146 1055