[governance] IGC statement to IGF MAG

Vittorio Bertola vb at bertola.eu
Mon May 7 10:48:19 EDT 2007

William Drake ha scritto:
>>I am fine with any suggestions. But do you still think, after seeing
>>Vittorio's email, that topical suggestions speak for themselves ??? after
>
> Yes, and I don't know why Vittorio's messages seem so perplexed about long
> running discussions.

Ok, clarifying again: I wasn't perplexed about the themes in themselves,
but about the idea that we would ask that the IGF's four main sessions
should stop being an open place for "any stakeholder to raise any
issue", and become four specialized sessions (though specialized on
quite broad issues). My raising of another theme was not meant to get my
favourite issue added to the other favourite ones, but just to show that
there are plenty of other very important issues, and that it would be
hard to convince anyone that our four are so important that the entire
main thread of the IGF should be devoted to them and to them only, even
if we provided rationales for this proposal, something that we're not
really doing in our draft.

This said, I agree that the four issues that are currently in the draft
are quite important, so let's not make this bigger than it is: I would
suggest that we propose these four as additional main sessions, and let
the AG decide what to do with our suggestion, though I suspect that the
reply might be "can't you do these as workshops?".
--
vb.                   Vittorio Bertola - vb [a] bertola.eu   <--------
-------->  finally with a new website at http://bertola.eu/  <--------
     governance at lists.cpsr.org