[governance] IGC statement to IGF MAG - content

Norbert Bollow nb at bollow.ch
Mon May 7 05:03:09 EDT 2007

Vittorio Bertola <vb at bertola.eu> wrote:

> Given how you phrase this call, I have to point out that, personally, I
> find the most crucial issues for the future of the Internet at the
> crossings of IPR, consumer protection and antitrust efforts - including
> net neutrality

Actually, given the importance of this topic, why don't we
specifically ask for this topic to be given prominence?

I don't think it's necessary for us to work out a list of
four topics, etc.  I think we should just ask for a very
small number (one or two) of important topics where discussion
at the IGF is likely be of value, and leave it to the MAG to
consolidate all the topic requests from various stakeholder
groups by dropping off the agenda not-so-strongly-requested
topics until an agenda remains that can be adequately handled
within the available time.

Greetings,
Norbert.

--