[governance] IGC statement to IGF MAG

Parminder parminder at itforchange.net
Sun May 6 05:35:24 EDT 2007

Some points on Vittorio's email.

> About the others, it is unclear to me the difference between "main
> session" and "plenary session",

In my understanding there is no difference. All 4 themes are being suggested
for plenary/ main sessions.

>About 4), I think I missed what would be the purpose of that - please
advise.

This session will discuss the role and mandate for the IGF in light of the
Tunis mandate.

> The one main session that one could try to push for (because it's really
> missing from the program, I think), is a session on cross-cutting
> issues, say 1) but also the various framework convention-type efforts,
> and perhaps also "where is the IGF going".

Framework convention kind of things can be taken up in theme 1 on public
policy in IG, and 'where is the IGF going' will be a central issue in theme
4 on IGF.

On the 'topical issue' I have explained my understanding of it in an email I
sent a while ago....

Parminder
Parminder Jeet Singh
IT for Change, Bangalore