[governance] Programme outline and schedule released

Jeanette Hofmann jeanette at wzb.eu
Sat May 5 15:22:19 EDT 2007

I agree with Jeremy and Parminder. The secretariat has published a draft
for people to comment on. Nothing of it should be taken as really given.
However, the secretariat got the impression at the february consultation
that most people liked the four themes and suggested to stick to them.
Thus, it would probably be difficult to entirely change the four themes.
However, is is unclear yet what exactly will be discussed under these
broad umbrellas.
Regarding selection criteria for workshops: the understanding after the
February consultation was that at least some of the workshops should be
tied more closely to the main themes. However, there will also be space
for workshops that don't reflect the main themes (presumably just less
than last year). Multi-stakeholder organization of workshops should be
again one of the selection criteria.

In addition to the main themes there are the topical session and the
emerging issues section. We should propose subjects for both.

jeanette

     governance at lists.cpsr.org