[governance] Just for fun Question

yehudakatz at mailinator.com yehudakatz at mailinator.com
Thu May 3 10:04:34 EDT 2007

I would choose three locations

Because 3 orbital satellites are required to encompass the globe,
So the Capitals would have to be nearly direct below one of the three
satellites orbiting in an equilateral triangle in geosynchronous orbit, for
uplinks.

Having three Capitals would also decrees the distance too the local of 1/3rd to
1/6th the distance in any direction, as opposed to ½ way around the globe.
(carbon footprint reduction)

Stability, having three locals would provide redundancy.

I would have three Branches of Government, with all three equally represented
at each location, but each local would have it specialty:
Euro-Occidental – Legislative Branch  [tell me]
The Americas – Justice Branch  [show me]
The East – Executive Branch  [trust me]

-

Zurich	[Euro-Occidental – Legislative]
 Love it!, saw my first ‘Smart Car’ there. Vienna would have been sweet, only
because I love Mozart Kuggels (sweet tooth).

Chicago – [The Americas – Justice]
 American mid-westerners are: straight forward, easy to understand and have a
balanced hard-work ethic. Ooh and the Univ. of Chicago., enough said.

Xian / Kuala Lumpur / Katmandu [The East – Executive]

 Xian - the eastern end of the Silk Road, I suppose if they pull a thread of
fiber-optics down the Silk Road, this may be a good place.
or
 Kuala Lumpur make s good hub.
or
 Although Nepal’s Katmandu might have just what we need, some Transcendental
Executives.

--

I was wandering the halls at a university and overheard heard a Lecturer
speaking about ‘How Business Men of differing Cultures think’.

The Oriental says “Trust Me” (lets build trust together)

The European says “Tell Me” (lets talk it over)

The American says “Show Me” (lets see justifying proof it)

In some way we must address these sorts of Cultural differences in Internet
Governance.

The bottom line for all is: Access to Government, that’s what counts most.

     governance at lists.cpsr.org