[governance] Programme outline and schedule released

William Drake drake at hei.unige.ch
Tue May 1 03:41:55 EDT 2007

Hi,

On 5/1/07 9:22 AM, "Adam Peake" <ajp at glocom.ac.jp> wrote:

> It will be revised.  Had we got comments in earlier, perhaps we'd
> have less to complain about now.

Was observing, not complaining.  As I said, y is interesting and important,
it's just not x.

> Unless someone can suggest why such issues are not appropriate as
> core elements of the IGF agenda, I suggest the caucus sends email as
> soon is reasonable to the IGF Secretariat saying something to the
> effect that "core Internet resources should be discussed as a main
> session".  Just send the email now.  It does not need to be
> embellished if there is general agreement that such discussion is
> essential.  Other recommendations can be made later.  Don't make it
> complicated, if we agree these issues need to be on the agenda, send
> email within a few days saying so.

We already have texts on three of the four themes, and while I find the bit
on global public policies a bit hard to get my mind around as stated, I
could roll with it.  So if someone would draft three sentences for #2 on
ICANN, we'd be done.  But we can't "just send the email now" without giving
people at least a specific time window to respond or we could have post hoc
"wait I didn't agree to that" battles.

> 2. Bill don't give up on what are good ideas.  In February, the caucus wrote:

Not giving up, just being a member of the reality-based community.  As I
said, if people agree let's propose the themes, but we might also consider
proposing workshops if we want in-depth discussion of the four. Even in the
most optimistic scenario, it seems unlikely they will each be treated
extensively in plenary, given the other preferences on mAG and probably
elsewhere with which they'd have to be blended.

Cheers,

Bill

     governance at lists.cpsr.org