[governance] Statement for the Feb 13 meeting

Jeremy Malcolm jeremy at malcolm.id.au
Wed Mar 28 07:54:38 EDT 2007

On Sun, 4 Feb 2007 at 02:30:34, Avri Doria wrote:
>> I think there are 46 members of the MAG (can someone check).
>
> if i understand correctly, there are
>
> 40 'original' Advisory Group members + 6 regional members of the Advisory
> Group + 6 special advisors to the Chair.
>
> making 52. i think.

Or are there 56?  There are 46 Advisory Group members listed at
http://www.intgovforum.org/ADG_members.htm (excluding the Chair), and then it
says "The Chairman asked a number of special advisers to assist him in this
process. He also invited the Regional Coordinators to attend the meeting as
special invitees."  This suggests that the special advisers and "Regional
Coordinators" are in addition to the 46.

It doesn't say how many of each there are, and Avri has said there are six of
each but there are only five special advisors listed on the site.  And who are
these Regional Coordinators? - they are mentioned as if we are already expected
to know who they are.  I have an idea from somewhere that they are from the
regional commissions of the UN, of which there are five rather than six, but
can anyone confirm for sure?

--
Jeremy Malcolm LLB (Hons) B Com
Internet and Open Source lawyer, IT consultant, actor
     governance at lists.cpsr.org