[governance] .pdf Personal Health Records

l.d.misek-falkoff ldmisekfalkoff at gmail.com
Sun Mar 4 08:52:49 EST 2007

You raise a good issue and a key one for all record-keeping especially
electronically supported.
Certainly health is an area of key interest for everyone, and implications
of data integrity as well as access as well as privacy run across the board.

In this area, what was called EMR - for Electronic Medical Rrecords
(management) - if one who has worked in the field may throw in anecdotal
comments, I believe an overhaul of the intake process will be key.

We found that allowing and even requesting examining physicians and other
personnel to code in their personal reactions to patients could help keep
the "objective" portions more objective.  Keep out (limit) judgmental
adjectives, for instance, from physical exam reporting.

Of course poor data processing controls could mix the subjective and
objective and bring on even more serious problems than those possibly
arising from personal feelings not textually encoded for "venting."

A vital area. Thanks again.
LDMF.
Dr. Linda D. Misek-Falkoff.
*Respectful Interfaces*; Communications Coordination Committee For The
United Nations.