[governance] Graduation of IG Capacity Building Programme 07: Virtual Ceremony in Second Life

Yasmeen yasmeen at diplomacy.edu
Fri Jun 29 19:42:38 EDT 2007

Hi All

Just to let you know that this year's group of 120 participants from 90 developping countries have completed their 16 weeks of online training, bringing it to a total of 265 in our IG alumni community, built up over the last three years.

We will be commemorating this with a gathering on Second Life on the 4th of July (known for other lesser occasions ;-)).
The programme of activities planned is as follows it would be great if you could join us!

Details are below:

Programme:
  a.. Jovan Kurbalija, Director Diplofoundation
  Welcome Message and Way Forward
  b.. Ambassador Walter Fust, Director General of the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation  (SDC)
  Video message from the main funding partners of the programme
  c.. Markus Kummer, Head of the Secretariat of the IGF
  Capacity Building and Internet Governance
  d.. John Walubengo, Diplo Fellow at the IGF Secretariat, Geneva
  Experience of the Internship at the IGF Secretariat
  e.. Anas Tawileh, Diplo Associate
  Views on Second Life
  f.. Diplo Fellows at ICANN
  Feedback from San Juan

When:  Wednesday 4th July  14:00 GMT
Where: Diplomacy Island on Second Life
            http://slurl.com:80/secondlife/Diplomacy%20Island/160/147/26

How:    For more information on how to get there :
            http://www.diplomacy.edu/ig/Activities/display.asp?Topic=Second%20Life

Cheers

Yasmeen

Yasmeen Ariff