[governance] Proposal: 10 stakeholder categories

Jeanette Hofmann jeanette at wzb.eu
Fri Jun 1 11:51:12 EDT 2007

Sorry for this but I found the analogy so very tempting:

In "The Analytical Language of John Wilkins," Jorge Luis Borges
describes "a certain Chinese Encyclopedia," the Celestial Emporium of
Benevolent Knowledge, in which it is written that animals are divided into:

1. those that belong to the Emperor,
2. embalmed ones,
3. those that are trained,
4. suckling pigs,
5. mermaids,
6. fabulous ones,
7. stray dogs,
8. those included in the present classification,
9. those that tremble as if they were mad,
10. innumerable ones,
11. those drawn with a very fine camelhair brush,
12. others,
13. those that have just broken a flower vase,
14. those that from a long way off look like flies.

     governance at lists.cpsr.org