SV: SV: [governance] IS THE DIGITAL DIVIDE A PHANTOM?

l.d.misek-falkoff ldmisekfalkoff at gmail.com
Tue Jul 31 11:17:01 EDT 2007

Hi Kicki and All:

Reinforcing your posts and precepts,

Like *most* *systems* - "Information or Knowledge or Data" systems are
systems of systems.  Access to parts of the whole set only -  often defeats
"access" in general.  Of course we do not always have to get into the back
rooms, the tech details, the mechanical underpinnings.  But we must be able
to access the front door, to get into any system. The front-door, that is,
is part of the system and a pre-condition to proceeding further..

It flows that Indeed screen-readers must be free, or optimally inexpensive,
or built in universally. Or otherwise not problematic.

But further and as wisely observed by many, fully meaningful "access" to the
society and its varied, multitudinous bestowings will take far more than
that. An 'Attiduindal Climate Change' perhaps, sprung by the Convention on
the Rights of Disabilities on which we all have been working through the U.N.
But equally with a global *sea-change* that knows Us as one People. The
interconnecting value of "We."

Very best wishes, collegially, and *Respectfully Interfacing,*

L D M F
Dr. Linda D. Misek-Falkoff
For I. D. here presently:
- International Disability Caucus ICT Taskforce,
- Communications Coordination Committee For The U.N.
- 50 years in Computing and Related Fields, Available for Presentation.
- Other Affiliations on Request.