[governance] Desirable vs undue commercial and government involvement

Norbert Bollow nb at bollow.ch
Mon Jul 23 10:19:16 EDT 2007

Ronda Hauben <ronda.netizen at gmail.com> wrote:

> During the early development of the Internet there was an AUP - an
> Acceptible Use Policy.
>
> This was a means of restricting commercial participation and political
> pressure.

Obviously applying the same kind of AUP to today's internet is neither
feasible nor desirable.

However, let's try to figure out what kinds of commercial participation
and government involvements are desirable and what kinds should not be
considered acceptable.

When we have clarity about all that, we can discuss possible measures
for increasing that which is desirable and decreasing that which should
not be considered acceptable.

Gruss,
Norbert.

--