[governance] RE: [CS Bureau] Re: [WSIS CS-Plenary] ECOSOC reviewing WSIS follow up and implementation: CSTD, UNGIS, ALF, IGF, GAID

CONGO WSIS - Philippe Dam wsis at ngocongo.org
Wed Jul 11 12:32:52 EDT 2007

Hello all,

We had some talks with Sarbuland Khan about the CS and PS Channelling
through GAID. Sarbuland stressed that the wording expressed in the SG report
was not GAID Secretariat's position, the report having been inaccurately
drafted by the UN DESA alone.

We still informed Sarbuland of our intention to correct that orally in the
ECOSOC plenary and encourage him to do so, which he said he would do. This
would definitely help for the record and for clarifying. So that the problem
is in a way sorted out.

We will circulate more information in due time.
All the best,

Philippe