[governance] Re: [WSIS CS-Plenary] ECOSOC reviewing WSIS follow up and implementation: CSTD, UNGIS, ALF, IGF, GAID

Vittorio Bertola vb at bertola.eu
Tue Jul 10 04:29:07 EDT 2007

William Drake ha scritto:
> With regard to enhanced cooperation, as Parminder notes, the IG caucus
> already agreed a letter months ago saying we’ve been told nothing and
> would like/expect to be consulted in keeping with the spirit of the TA.
> There is no need for prolonged debate over whether and how to reiterate
> already adopted language.  Parminder and Vittorio should just draft a
> few sentences referencing the prior letter and saying these concerns are
> raised anew by the SG Report and we look forward to a response, and
> submit it for a quick consensus call under the charter procedure.

Possibly, the report saying "consultations are under way" is an elegant
way to say "we've not been doing our homework, so we'll rush something
up asap". Nonetheless, my feeling is that everyone realized that that
process can't just be deferred forever, so things could actually start
to move between now and Rio. So I agree with you, I think that it would
be a good idea to issue a statement reminding that civil society has to
be involved in this process. I'll work it out with Parminder (he might
already have a 3-page draft ready :-D ).
--
vb.                   Vittorio Bertola - vb [a] bertola.eu   <--------
-------->  finally with a new website at http://bertola.eu/  <--------
     governance at lists.cpsr.org