[governance] Fwd: ICC BASIS feedback document on IGF Athens

Adam Peake ajp at glocom.ac.jp
Tue Jan 16 02:07:51 EST 2007

>Hi Adam,
>
>Thanks for bringing this to our attention.  There are a number of points in
>the ICC doc on which it's easy to agree---assuming we basically wish the IGF
>to remain as it has become. If on the other hand there is still a desire for
>it to be more than a conference venue for some interesting conversations,
>per previously adopted caucus positions, then the ICC vision would seem to
>be a bit different.

Business (and many of us) do seem to take the view of IGF as an ICT
policy shop.  IG missing.  Perhaps it would be helpful if this caucus
could reaffirm what it think should be discussed (in addition to
those policy issues that many seem interested in.) What is IG, why is
it important, examples of issues it would be useful to address.

Thanks,

Adam

     governance at lists.cpsr.org