[governance] Disclaimer

Avri Doria avri at psg.com
Mon Jan 15 14:43:48 EST 2007

hi,

On 15 jan 2007, at 13.41, Vittorio Bertola wrote:

> So I thought it better to disclaim my current IG-related positions,
> even if I can't see any conflict of interest among serving there
> and loosely coordinating the IGC, but you never know:

i have come to believe that it is a good idea for those in leadership
positions to make sure that all and sundry know about all of their
intertwined interests - things that seem innocent in the light can
look suspicious in the dark.  i do not see it as a conflict of
interest so much as a complex of interests that becomes irrelevant
once it is transparent.

so i don't interpret it as a disclaimer, but as a description of
where you stand at the moment for all to see and know.  and i don't
think it should limit your ability to express yourself in your
personal capacity.

so thanks for doing this.

a.

     governance at lists.cpsr.org