[governance] Disclaimer

Vittorio Bertola vb at bertola.eu.org
Mon Jan 15 13:41:05 EST 2007

All,

I've been warned in private that as soon as you type the haunted word
("ICANN") in a message to the list, some people start to question your
motives.

So I thought it better to disclaim my current IG-related positions, even
if I can't see any conflict of interest among serving there and loosely
coordinating the IGC, but you never know:

- I am presently a member of a consulting committee to the Italian
government. It is an unpaid, voluntary position; I've been selected for
it as I am the only civil society person from Italy that follows both
ICANN and the WSIS/IGF process. The Italian government might pay part of
my expenses to attend IGF-related meetings (at least, we've asked them
to support civil society participants including myself, and they did it
for Athens). Around the IGF, I am also active in the Bill of Rights
Coalition (still bootstrapping) and participating in other coalitions.

- At ICANN, I am a member of the At-Large Advisory Committee, the group
that represents the interests of individual Internet users. I am also
representing that group in the ICANN Board, as a non-voting liaison. All
of these are unpaid, voluntary positions. ICANN pays me the expenses to
attend its meetings.

- I am a Councillor of the Italian chapter of the Internet Society. It
is an unpaid, voluntary position and I only get reimbursement of the
expenses to attend physical meetings of its Council.

- I am a member of the Policy Advisory Board of the .mobi TLD. Same
conditions as the previous one.

My current job is doing technical consultancies here and there, and
being a partner in a small software company.

I hope I didn't forget anything - anyway, questions welcome. Of course,
other participants in the discussion might do the same, if they like.

Regards,
     governance at lists.cpsr.org