[governance] Action on Enhanced Cooperation, please

Jeremy Malcolm Jeremy at Malcolm.id.au
Sun Jan 14 21:52:40 EST 2007

Adam Peake wrote:
> Anyone have thoughts for a contribution to the stocktaking exercise?

Mine are in a post I made a couple of months ago to the forum at
http://intgovforum.org/forum/index.php?topic=21.new#new - some edited
highlights:

* Fewer panelists in the main sessions.

* Consolidation of similar-themed workshops.

* Workshops and main sessions not to be held concurrently.

* A plenary session for discussion of procedural and organisational issues.

* Plenary sessions for discussion of the output of dynamic coalitions.

* Seat plenary sessions in table groups with time for small group
discussion.

I also agree with the suggestion that briefing papers should be prepared
by experts for circulation prior to each panel, to save time and ensure
that everybody is on the same page.  However there is a danger in this
in that the written submissions and even the synthesis paper disappeared
into a black hole last time, with no reference being made to them during
the panels.  This should not happen again.

--
Jeremy Malcolm LLB (Hons) B Com
Internet and Open Source lawyer, IT consultant, actor
     governance at lists.cpsr.org