[governance] Action on Enhanced Cooperation, please

Parminder parminder at itforchange.net
Sat Jan 13 06:53:51 EST 2007

Bill/ others

Does this text work

The Civil Society Internet Governance Caucus (CS-IGC) would like to
congratulate you for the very successful first meeting of the Internet
Governance Forum. A good amount of the credit for this goes to your personal
leadership, and that of your advisory team, as well as to the hard work put
in by the secretariat.

We are writing to you because we understand you were asked by the UN
Secretary General to begin informal consultations on how to start a process
of 'enhanced cooperation' on international public policy issues related to
the Internet.

The CS-IGC would appreciate an update on progress and news of the
current state of play with respect to "enhanced cooperation." In particular,
we would very much welcome information on

 (a) any concrete measures taken so far, for instance, any discussions and
consultations that have been held with governments and other stakeholders on
the substance and modalities of enhanced cooperation, and

 (b) the plans for involving civil society in the process as per the clear
mandate in paragraph 71 of the Tunis Agenda.

(ends)

Parminder

Parminder Jeet Singh
IT for Change, Bangalore