[governance] Action on Enhanced Cooperation, please

William Drake drake at hei.unige.ch
Sat Jan 13 06:41:50 EST 2007

Hi Parminder,

On 1/13/07 5:37 AM, "Parminder" <parminder at itforchange.net> wrote:

> The CS-IGC would very much appreciate an update on progress and news of the
> current state of play with respect to "enhanced cooperation." In particular,
> we would welcome information on (a) any concrete measures taken so far, and
> (b) the plans for involving civil society in the process as per the clear
> mandate in paragraph 71 of the Tunis Agenda.

FWIW, as it would be easy to simply reply to this formulation that no
"concrete measures" have been taken, I'd suggested,

In particular, we would very much welcome information on a) any discussions
and consultations that have been held with governments and other
stakeholders on the substance and modalities of enhanced cooperation, and b)
the plans for beginning to involve civil society in the process per the
clear mandate in paragraph 71 of the Tunis Agenda.

Per Michael's point about realistic expectations and the limits of
transparency, I wouldn't expect much of a substantive recap of the
conversations, but it'd be nice to at least have acknowledgement that
they've happened.  If even that's impossible, I guess it clarifies the
meaning of CS' "involvement" in its "respective role."

Whatever,

Bill

     governance at lists.cpsr.org