[governance] Proposed Criteria for CS IGC Appeals Team

Milton Mueller mueller at syr.edu
Mon Jan 8 20:07:19 EST 2007

>>> parminder at itforchange.net 1/8/2007 7:37 AM >>>

>Can we replace 'neutrality' with 'fairness and discretion'.

Fine with me. Or just fairness.

>This 'neutrality' word makes me uncomfortable....

Except perhaps for Net Neutraility, eh? Well, never let it be said that
Parminder is neutral about anything. :-)

> The successful candidate should be a person, who in the role of
>judgment on the behalf of the IGC, is with (thoughtful and)
> unbiased consideration

This is better, actually, except that it's ungrammatical now so you
probably want something like

[ The successful candidate should be a person, who in the role of
considering appeals on the behalf of the IGC, is thoughtful and gives
unbiased consideration to the views expressed. ]

     governance at lists.cpsr.org