AW: [governance] Enhanced cooperation

Wolfgang Kleinwächter wolfgang.kleinwaechter at medienkomm.uni-halle.de
Mon Jan 8 10:50:51 EST 2007

Vittorio:
It seems that many governments are now interpreting "enhanced cooperation" as "a slightly reformed GAC inside ICANN.

Wolfgang:
There is great and growing confusion, fueled by the ITU 102 Resolution. It would make sense to produce a one or two page paper what CS (the Caucus) thinks about "EC". Madame Redings interpretation in Athens was, that this is a "governmental only" process which is the core of the issue while the IGF is more or less the "environment". But the Tunis text allows much broader interpretations. Even within the EU not everybody shares the position of the Commissioner. And David Gross shaked his head when Reding made this statement in Athens. Before other fill explicitly the empty space, we should make our voice heard. Probably this will contribute - for the moment - to the general confusion but this is better than to accept a one sided interpretation and a turn into the wrong direction. It can stimulate discussion.

Best regards

             [Vittorio Bertola - v.bertola [a] bertola.eu.org]<-----
     governance at lists.cpsr.org

     governance at lists.cpsr.org