[governance] The seeds of change in the IGF

Monika Ermert m.ermert at gmx.de
Thu Feb 22 06:43:02 EST 2007

Hi all,

during the press conference at the IGF stocktaking session I raised the question with Nitin Desai if the results of his report to the Secretary General on the enhanced cooperation consultations he had will be published or if there is the possibilty that it will never be published. He said - again taking one more step backwards - that it was not a "report" but a "reporting back" and this might well be considered as "internal".

I confronted several country delegates with this possibility, too and asked about their potential reaction. One country official from a country that had been consulted said that after being consulted they did expect some feedback from the consultation as a whole.
Btw, Nitin Desai said he also has consulted with non-governmental/private stakeholders.

Best regards,

Monika

     governance at lists.cpsr.org