[governance] Re: Location of Rio IGF (was: points discussed on the Feb 12th meeting of the Advisory group)

Ralf Bendrath bendrath at zedat.fu-berlin.de
Fri Feb 16 14:19:11 EST 2007

Vittorio Bertola wrote:
>> <http://www.windsorhoteis.com.br/en-us/conv.asp?hid=23>
> "Only 18 km from Copacabana"?
We are not going on holiday.

This here concerns me more:

"Barra da Tijuca is Rio´s most modern living complex and community;
sophisticated, vibrant and offering innumerable attractions such as fine
bars and restaurants serving world class cuisine, air-conditioned mega
shopping malls featuring world famous fashions and designers labels, theme
parks, ecological reserves and sports of all types."

That sounds like a really expensive neighbourhood. I wonder if we will be
able to find cheap accomodation and eating options around.[1]

Any clues from our Brazilian colleagues?

Ralf

[1] Bus shuttles suck and also lead to less networking and collaboration
in the evenings, which was really important in Athens.
     governance at lists.cpsr.org