[governance] remote particpation

Vittorio Bertola vb at bertola.eu
Fri Feb 16 02:57:34 EST 2007

Izumi AIZU ha scritto:
> Thanks Avri for all of your thoughtful comment,
>
> As a technical unsophisticated person, I really hope that
> any technology used for the next Rio meeting for remote two-way
> participation will not take too much burden on the end-user side
> at the last minute.  I mean, as much as possible, please use the
> proven standard method for the remote participation.

This tends to clash with 1) general lack of funds, and 2) the
appropriateness of using proprietary solutions rather than
free-as-in-free-speech ones in this environment. Of course any solution
used should work, but I expect that there would be loud complaints if
the IGF started to employ proprietary commercial solutions for remote
participation.
--
vb.                   Vittorio Bertola - vb [a] bertola.eu   <--------
-------->  finally with a new website at http://bertola.eu/  <--------