[governance] Re: ICANN taxes/fees

Avri Doria avri at psg.com
Thu Feb 8 13:13:10 EST 2007

On 8 feb 2007, at 11.48, veni markovski wrote:
> At 11:13 AM 2/8/2007  +0100, Stephane Bortzmeyer wrote:
>> Several years spent supporting and helping ccTLDs in several
>> continents? And talking with a lot of people?

> No, no... Source means data, facts. Many (probably most) means some
> exact number (e.g. 51%). Give some source, where this statement is
> proven right. Or if there is no such data, just don't say "many
> (probably most)".

except for those absolute relativists among us (like me) who argue
that there are no facts only impressions and things that seem to work
(e.g. running code), most people accept that "fact" comes in several
varieties.  among those are statistical facts (the 51% fact-type you
refer to) and anecdotal (the 'i have seen it with my own eyes' fact-
type the SB & PR have been mentioning). And saying there is anecdotal
evidence from many is a valid approximation to fact in many cases.
often as well as one can do until there is a formal study taking many
years and lots of money.

do you have statistical facts to back up your position?

a.

     governance at lists.cpsr.org