[governance] ICANN taxes/fees

veni markovski veni at veni.com
Thu Feb 8 12:57:45 EST 2007

At 12:45 PM 2/8/2007  -0500, Avri Doria wrote:

>to say that no comparison is possible throws out almost all of
>current business theory.  (which sounds like something i am more
>likely to do then you.)

Well, I try not to compare businesses which are different in their
foundation, regardless of the fact that they seem similar. I still
have not heard any fact on the "easiness" of running a TLD.
I was on my way of writing something more substantive, including
asking some of the registries about how "easy" it is, but then I just
remembered, that it's not actually an argument or discusison. Milton
already has had an opinion that "registries are not difficult to
run". So, from then on no arguments will change his opinion. We all
made mistakes from time to time, and in this case my mistake was to
try to engage him in a conversation, while he's already made his
mind. I decided to share some experience how difficult it is to run
any business, but then I am being attacked on personal grounds, or on
no ground at all. That's almost like Windows - you never know what's
gonna happen to you, and it's always not fair.

Sincerely,
Veni Markovski
http://www.veni.com

check also my blog:
http://blog.veni.com

The opinions expressed above are those of the author,
not of any organizations, associated with or related to
the author in any given way.

     governance at lists.cpsr.org